Making second floor deck waterproof

Old 08-15-05, 06:35 PM
Dhiren Nanavati
Visiting Guest
Making second floor deck waterproof

We have a very nice wooden deck on second floor. I would like to waterproof it so that we have a nice flooring ON the deck above and there is no water coming through the deck to the nice patio on the ground floor. What are my options?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-05, 05:19 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I now of two products on the market, (there may be more) Check out "Underdeck" and "Dry space". Do a google search on them to find out where, etc. Be prepared to spend a few bucks on them.

Old 08-20-05, 03:57 AM
shamrock
Visiting Guest
At one time, at least in my area, fiberglass was the popular choice. About 5 years ago we switched over to the material used in the spray-on truck bed liners. Material can be painted. It's definitely not a single afternoon job since a low mositure content subfloor must be put down and the lower portion of the house siding must be removed so that the bed liner can be sprayed in a manner that acts as flashing. So far it's been remarkably trouble free and has exhibited none of the problems we've had with fiberglass (UV breakdown/cracks). New construction costs are about $12 a sq ft. To come in after the fact runs about $15 to $25 sq ft. The bed liner itself runs about $10.50 sq ft installed by a professional.