Tinted glass overhangs for a deck?

Old 01-24-06, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Tinted glass overhangs for a deck?

I have seen several instances in magazines where the homeowner put up tinted glass overhangs as a roof for their deck or patio. We have a deck area outside our house which already has horizontal beams laid out as a roof. How practical/easy would it be to install tinted glass overhangs on these beams to make a roof for the deck? I have surfed all over the net but not come up with anything. I do NOT want to make it a patio room or such, just an open space but with a glass roof overhead. HELP!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-06, 03:42 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
I can't help you find what you want, but can offer an opinion, which is free and worth every penny of it. Consider purchasing tennis court screening cut to stretch over the beams. This will allow it to breathe and will cut down on the sun beating down on you. Think about the downsides of horizontal glass. Bird poop, pine needle accumulation, limbs falling and possibly breaking the glass, cleaning the glass (remember you can't walk on it). I ordered the netting to attach to a steel catwalk at our church to reduce wind and rain infiltration, and it worked super well. And you can clean the stuff off the top with a garden hose from underneath it.