Looking for a trellis for over the garage door

Old 06-13-06, 05:04 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Looking for a trellis for over the garage door

Preferabilly a pre-fab kit, just put together and install. I've tried searching with no luck. I've tried local Lowes/Home Depot with no luck. So unless I'm searching in the wrong places I'm trying to avoid having one custom made on sight. This is a pic of exactly what I'm looking for

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/496000-496999/496700_106_full.jpg

Old 06-13-06, 09:06 PM
L
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
It's probably something that you will have to site-build, rather than using a pre-fabbed kit. I've done 20 or 30 of them -- all site-built so that they would match the opening and the specific situation prefectly. (I did all of them with aluminum patio cover parts, rather than wood. Aluminum won't sag.)

Old 06-14-06, 06:09 PM
C
Originally Posted by lefty
It's probably something that you will have to site-build, rather than using a pre-fabbed kit. I've done 20 or 30 of them -- all site-built so that they would match the opening and the specific situation prefectly. (I did all of them with aluminum patio cover parts, rather than wood. Aluminum won't sag.)
Thanks for your info in both forums. At first I didn't know which forum was best to post in. I didn't get any reply in the other forum so I tried here. Too bad you're not local or else you might be building your 30th trellis

It looks as if I will have to go with a on-site build. I'll keeep the aluminum patio cover in mind when searching for materials.

Old 06-14-06, 06:18 PM
L
CandiMan,

A trip to NC is just NOT in the cards this year. I've got 4 decks and 3 patio covers going right now, and my sister has me penciled in to be in WA for a week next month. I'm going 18 hours a day, 6 days a week right now, PLUS working on my own house. (That explains why, after 7800 or so posts in the past 4 or 5 years, I've been able to squeeze in about 5 in the past month and a half!)

Find a contractor who does aluminum patio covers and have them come put it up for you. About the ONLY place I know of where a homeowner can buy the same stuff is at HD -- the big orange box. By the time you make them understand what it is that you want and special order the parts, the contractor is probably going to be cheaper.

Mike

Old 06-14-06, 07:39 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Aw, c'mon, Mike, breathe some right coast air for a change. Cool mornings, mountain breezes. You'd love it.

Old 06-14-06, 11:27 PM
L
Hmmm... "Cool mornings, mountain breezes,..." Larry, I'ld love to, but the Lord, my wife, and the creditors might not take it very well!!

Old 06-12-10, 09:24 AM
M
Hi Neighbor!
I too am looking for an over the garage trellis for my home in Indian Trail. Did you have any luck finding a kit or contractor to build your trellis?

Old 06-16-10, 05:59 AM
C
Originally Posted by mclark4414 View Post
Hi Neighbor!
I too am looking for an over the garage trellis for my home in Indian Trail. Did you have any luck finding a kit or contractor to build your trellis?
Blast from the past. Did I find a kit, no. Did I find a contractor, yes. Do I remember the name of the contractor, no. I remember looking through the phone book and calling a few contractors, explain what I'm looking for, until someone said, sure I can do that. It's been 4yrs so I can't remember how much I paid.

Here's a pic of the finish product 4yrs ago.
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member...0_169_full.jpg

The vine of the side of the garage now covers the entire trellis. I'll take a updated pic at a later date.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: