Deck Design Software...

Old 05-09-07, 04:28 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Deck Design Software...

I'm looking for something that will help me create decking patterns - having dimensions & specs.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-07, 04:40 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I use Decks by Broderbund. It allows you to dimension, use certain types of woods, stretch, change stair locations, basically anything you want to do. The only drawback I find is that is must have been written for left coast builders, as they use post and beam construction exclusively. On the right coast, we use post and beam some, but usually due to the terrain, we are limited to standard methods. This will limit you on your materials list.

Old 05-09-07, 05:22 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Intstant Deck Design?

I've been doing way too much research...as usual. Will this let me design the decking? For instance, I'm building a 16 x 14.5 deck. I want to try out a few decking designs. I want to be able to see how it would fit within the dimensions of the deck. We may decide to incorporate 2 designs.

I'm probably asking too much.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm just starting out and loving it.

Ruth

Old 05-09-07, 06:35 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Not at all. The program starts with a basic square and allows you to attach it to a house on one, two or three sides. You can stretch it to your dimensions, run the deck boards in different directions. Just a few things you can do. It is not an expensive program, and, believe me, you can get expensive.