Painted concrete patio peeling

Old 07-29-07, 10:20 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Painted concrete patio peeling

My Dad loved to paint..he painted the out side patio concrete. Now it is peeling up. What is the best/easiest way to remove the paint? Liquid paint remover is too messy a job. Can it be burnt or sanded off? No we won't paint it again hee hee.

My mother wants to take the easy way out and patch up the peeling parts. What is your opinion and advice?

Thanks ya'll !

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-07, 06:14 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 141 Votes on 126 Posts
Welcome to the forums Cindy!

Mom's way is the simpliest fix. The problem with painting concrete is it will fail or sooner or later. That is why I prefer to use a concrete stain.

Paint remover is the best way to remove the paint. I'd use paint remover followed by pressure washing - it is messy!!! Sanding would be slow and may not remove all the paint. Heat will aid in removing paint but I've never done it on concrete.

hope this helps

Old 07-30-07, 07:22 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The loose stuff will come off with a pressure washer alone. I'm speaking of a real, gas powered, 3,000 psi or higher pressure washer here, not an electric homeowner's model. You can rent them. Actually, you may be able to remove it all, it just depends how well it's adhered.