Driving Deck Mate screws

Old 06-02-08, 06:55 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Square Head Screws

My first experiance with these screws is not working well, my bit keeps jumping and rreaming out the head of the screw, any suggestions ???

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-08, 02:03 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Welcome to the forums. The post you were replying to was 6 years old, so let's start again. Deck mate screws come with a bit in the package. Use it rather than a phillips head. You can also use a #2 square drive with them, and may get better results. Your bit won't jump if you keep solid pressure on it and keep your drill at a straight plane to the screw. If the screw changes plane, you change plane, too, or restart with another screw. My suggestion is to use screws with a Torx head. Your life will be so much simpler.

Old 06-02-08, 02:40 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 69 Votes on 64 Posts
I moved your question into its own thread so that more people will see it. Let me know if you have any questions. Welcome to the forums.

Old 06-02-08, 08:19 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks Mitch.

troutbumsd,

I put in about a million of the square drive screws every year. There are 2 tricks to them. Lots of constant down force, and use a new driver. Deck Mate is #2 square drive -- don't use any thing other than that for the driver.