painting deck

Old 08-24-08, 04:11 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
painting deck

want to repaint my deck but don't know the proper tool for this application? I put some citrus stripper to get down to this surface you see in picture, should i use a rental sander? and if so which type? thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-08, 05:01 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 330 Votes on 293 Posts
You could use a sander but if there are any exposed nail heads, they will tear up the sandpaper in short order.

I'm not real familiar with citrus strippers but most paint strippers are applied, let work until the coating starts to bubble and then scraped off. Rinse well when finished.

Old 08-30-08, 05:07 AM
P
deck paint

We painted our deck.Wish I had NEVER done that.Last about 2yrs (in Indiana). I have just stripped off most of the old paint,and going to let it back to natrual.A lot less work.I used a stripper called Strip Fast,I got at Menards,worked pretty good.I put it on ,let it sit then then pressure washed it off.

Old 09-03-08, 02:07 PM
A
Originally Posted by Pooh655 View Post
We painted our deck.Wish I had NEVER done that.Last about 2yrs (in Indiana). I have just stripped off most of the old paint,and going to let it back to natrual.A lot less work.I used a stripper called Strip Fast,I got at Menards,worked pretty good.I put it on ,let it sit then then pressure washed it off.
does the stripfast product include the methyl chloride product and hazardous products or is it one of the biodegradable non toxic environment friendly prods. let me know. i am finding it hard to find something that is non-toxic or biodegradable water based and do the job.

thanks

amit

Old 09-03-08, 04:18 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 94 Votes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by amitxox View Post
i am finding it hard to find something that is non-toxic or biodegradable water based and do the job.amit
I'm not the least surprised by that.