Help removing Fourseasons Sunroom

Old 09-07-08, 05:23 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help removing Fourseasons Sunroom

I have a sunroom in my house that was installed long ago.
I want to remove it but there is no information on how to dismantle the unit on the manufacturer's website. When I called the local dealer they said it would take one day to do for 1000 USD. but didn't comeback to do it. I guess that was not worth their time. So now I am stuck doing it myself and I need help

here is what the unit looks like.

http://www.fourseasonssunrooms.com/P...sy_curved.aspx

if someone could help shed some light on how it can be dismantled I would really appreciate it.
Thanks
Z

Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-08, 09:17 AM
Oh boy, do I realise how much money you are saving by dismantling yourself. I can help a bit as I am doing same.

Between the bays there are cross pieces. Pry out the plastic stripping from wherever you can get "in." Instead of a screwdriver, a chopstick works well, working as a prybar, where a screwdriver will leave marks.

Do you have any metal stripping where you expected plastic? I do. Not sure what to do with that.

Under the stripping, there are screws. The mullion, when screwed in, served the purpose of compressing the caulking. Remove the screws, then carefully cut through the caulking around the window to remove it.

That's my next step. Haven't selected my weapon of choice yet

Old 10-26-08, 05:27 PM
It took me three days to clear out the windows and decaulk but it's done Beyond the window removal, it would not be hard to remove the rest of the framing.

I can recommended two decaulking solutions:
  1. 3M Adhesive Remover (+/- $20) and works within the hour
  2. 3M Indoor/Outdoor Caulk Remover sold by Ace Hardware ($5.99) and works in 2-4 hours depending on temperature

Be sure all excess caulk has been cut away. Two applications may be necessary. If left too long, it WILL strip paint. Wash area with water when finished. Use a plastic scraper to avoid scratching.

It was certainly worth doing myself rather than pay to have it done.

Tucker