deck floor

Old 06-09-09, 04:28 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
deck floor

im trying to find ways to watertight my deck so I get a dry area underneath.

I was thinking of replacing my deck floor with a large piece of diamond plate flooring and was wondering if anyone knows any company that specilzies in metal decks that has the ability to mak a custom piece that would just slip ontop of exisitng decking or secure it to the joists. I wouldnt mind ordering it online or if anyone can point me in the right direction on where to look for something like this?

I know they make these types of decks with steel frames and use it in commercial warehouses or condos.

Or if there is any other type of material I can use to watertight.

I dont want to use any type of gutter system

My deck is only 5x5

Old 06-09-09, 05:48 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! What will you accomplish by weather proofing the underside of this deck. I've got umbrellas bigger. It would seem like a lot of money for diamondplate , and I doubt you would find one piece, meaning it would have to be seamed somewhere, possibly on site (more $). what are your objections for the under deck water displacement methods? The diamond plate won't run the water away from the edge, where the gutter on the under deck systems takes care of all the water, too.

Old 06-09-09, 08:33 PM
L
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
There are systems that will keep the area under your deck dry, and at 5X5, will be a lot cheaper than the diamond plate you have in mind, plus they'll allow you to keep your deck usable.

Search brands like Dry Below, Under Deck, etc.

Old 06-09-09, 09:13 PM
F
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
thankyou for the replies.

I was thinking after making the post that diamond plate would be expensive choice and would have to angle the deck by about 1/8 for drainage. I wouldnt mind angling since the current planks need changing but dont want to pay an arm for the deck size

I was looking at the drybelow and underdeck system and that wouldnt work since the deck is only about 7 ft off the ground and the gutter would be right in front where the person would be walking into the basement also headroom.

heres a rough sketch on how my deck is setup currently

Imageshack - 65839235.jpg

I was looking into the wahoo decking system ariddeck
AridDek Aluminum Waterproof Decking

which seems like it would work but has anyone had any experience with it? or know how much the system runs?

Old 06-10-09, 07:51 PM
L
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Reorient the joists and and put the gutter for the underdeck or dryblow on the side of the deck where the stairs are.
Slope isn't an issue -- build the deck level.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: