Outdoor carpet with pad?

Old 07-13-09, 03:05 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Outdoor carpet with pad?

I have a 10' x 12' aggregate concrete patio in my backyard, completely exposed to sun and rain (Seattle area). The patio is uncomfortable to walk on without shoes, and especially unpleasant to crawl on (primarily noticed by my infant twin sons, but occasionally remarked upon by visitors after excessive consumption).

I have long terms plans of installing a deck, but budgetary considerations are limiting me in the short run. One thought is to install an outdoor carpet. My experience with outdoor carpets is that they're very thin, and I'm concerned that the irregular surface of the patio will make itself felt through the carpet, and that it'll be still uncomfortable and dangerous to the unstable little ones lest they smack their heads. Is there any carpet pad that can be installed underneath an outdoor carpet that will withstand the frequent rain? Would a rubber slab hold up? Or is there some outdoor carpet product that's thicker and more yielding?

Thanks!

Old 07-13-09, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
How about something like rattan/bamboo outdoor rugs. The kind you can roll up and move when not needed.

No pad will really hold up, and moisture (any of that in Seattle? lol) would be a problem.

Btw..your friends need better tolerance or an intervention Again..lol.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: