Getting started on paver job.

Old 08-08-09, 04:25 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Getting started on paver job.

The area I am planning to place my pavered patio on is covered with weeds and tall grass. I'm going to lay landscape cloth down, modified stone and fine stone to set the pavers in. In preping the soil should I cut the grass very short with a weed wacker, tiller the soil and rake the green stuff out or remove the green with a sod machine before laying the landscaping cloth down. Is there a problem with the (short cut) weeds and grass just being covered over to make the job easier?
Thanks

Old 08-09-09, 07:34 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
The grass has to go completely. I would dig at least 6 inches below grade, compact it, lay a couple inches of gravel & compact that. Then lay the sand for the pavers. You don't need landscape cloth.

Old 08-11-09, 11:18 AM
D
I think your right, Pulpo. I'm going to rent a small tiller and chew up the soil then rake up the grass and roots. Theres no way I'm going to turn that area over by hand. I've got one year to SSN and my energy isn't what it used to be. Thanks for the reply.

Old 08-11-09, 11:29 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Dray -

What type of pavers?

Interlocking concrete pavers (less the 10" maximum in any dimension), larger concrete "stepping stones or brick pavers (which are really not interlocking)?

Dick

Old 08-11-09, 04:46 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Lucky you, Dray. I have 4 years until SSN. Hire a day worker & the machine. Make it as easy as possible.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: