Three Season Porch

Old 02-14-10, 05:08 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Three Season Porch

I have a covered patio at my home in Denver, roughly 12x14 with Southern exposure. Seems it would make a great three season room.

I would like to build the screen / window panels myself. Windows would be solid, removed in the summer and stored in garage.

Trying to understand how difficult this would be to do and where to find books detailing the design/build of these screen/window panels.

Thanks

Old 02-15-10, 06:34 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Votes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Building removable screens is one thing. Building windows are a different animal. You can purchase tempered glass panels in a frame much cheaper and easier than you can make them, and it would look uniform throughout. I would build screen frames and attach them with screws to stop molding in the openings. Make the openings to accommodate standard off the shelf window panels, and use a clip system to hold them in. Remember, if they are within 18" of the floor, they must be tempered ($).
Your south facing exposure will make a nice 3 season room, depending on which 3 seasons you want. IMO, winter is out.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: