Pool patio advise

Old 02-18-10, 04:04 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Pool patio advise

Hello all. Just moved into a new home w/ a pool. The pool itself is raised up a bit, and they decked the pool back a bit from the water, but didn't continue the decking to the edge of the raised portion. So, the patio is really too narrow to put chairs on either the deck or the dirt... Not very user friendly...

So, I'm trying to figure out what would be the easiest/cheapest way to fill in that dirt and bring the level up to the height of the existing patio. After having just poured a 3' x 5' by 3" slab of concrete, I have a pretty good idea of the time it will take to pour all that in... And, since the height is about 3", I'm not sure if Pavers will work, as all that I've seen are only 2" thick...

Any ideas on a good solution to fill in all that empty space? The pool is 18' wide and 31' long, roughly. See the pics for details.

Picasa Web Albums - M - Desktop

Thanks for any help and ideas....

Kat

Old 02-18-10, 04:55 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
If you went the paver route, could add crushed recycle & sand. That would give you the height you need. Other than that, I would get a quote from some ready mix people to do the pour. I certainly wouldn't try to mix all that cement myself.

Old 02-18-10, 04:57 PM
Looks like it was always meant to have some type of contrasting or complementing decking material in that space and it was not completed.
Nice design and nice potential.

Old 02-18-10, 05:03 PM
P
As Pulpo said, I would hire it out and have concrete poured. With all those curves and sharp angles, cutting the pavers to fit would be a nightmare. Concrete will conform to the shape nicely, but I wouldn't call this one a DIY project.

Old 02-18-10, 10:31 PM
K
Thanks for the tips. I kinda figured as much... It's pretty easy to get a truck back there to dump the crete. Yes, i agree it's not really a DIY projects. I guess i was just hoping there was some magic bullet...

I'll post back once it gets started.

Thanks all!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: