Waterproofing concrete roof deck

Old 02-26-10, 10:26 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Waterproofing concrete roof deck

Above the concrete ceiling of my attached garage (slabs as far as I can tell from visible joints) is a 3-4 in thick concrete deck floor. 4 in at the house wall that contains the door that accesses the roof deck and 3in away from it, so that water flows away from the house into a gutter. This concrete layer looks like it contains quite a bit of gravel or alike. My problem: if there is a lot of rain I get some water dropping from the garage ceiling. How can I treat the surface of the roof deck so that it becomes water proof? What about the Thompson Concrete sealer from Home Depot? After water proofing, I'm thinking of possibly putting wood tiles on top, the kind that sits on a plastic grid and water will get below the tiles. Any suggestions are highly welcome. Thanks!

Old 02-27-10, 05:23 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 672 Votes on 595 Posts
Are you sure about the slab thickness? Concrete isn't my specialty but I would think the concrete would need to be thicker to hold up.

Thompson Water Seal does a good job of sealing concrete BUT it doesn't hold up well to the elements

Old 02-27-10, 06:21 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
there're several good products for waterproofing conc but we use gulf synthetics for residential work,,, you can have any color you want, its got a great guarantee, cooler on your tootsies,easy to apply even w/9" roller,,, big thing about coating conc is prep, however !

all we buy from the apron stores're 4" slotted pipe & cheap ( behr ) latex paint !

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: