patio and sitting wall instillation

Old 09-14-10, 09:00 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
patio and sitting wall instillation

I need help! I have been working on my project for 3 months and so far I have been able to handle most problems.Well here is on e i cannot solve.I was looking for stabiliy when I dug around the outside of my patio,laid cement block,and since it was a sloped yard I had to step up on two sides.Then it was time to lay the wall blocks.There is the problem a 3/8ths diffence problem!Now I am stuck? I donnot know how to proceed.Please I need a pro?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-10, 05:13 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the forums!! How deep did you pour your footer for the block to rest on? Oops! Most of your post lost me. Do you have pictures of the problem? That may help us to help you. http://forum.doityourself.com/electr...your-post.html

Old 09-14-10, 09:35 PM
60 diyer,

I answered your PM, so I have a BIT more knowledge than Larry does -- your patio is 18' X 20'.

You need a slope from the house out of about 1/10th" to 1/8" per foot just to get the water to flow off of a slab. That's not enough to be noticable. And 3/8" side to side won't be noticable either. When it rains, the water will just flow from the high side to the low side.

You're fine.

Old 09-15-10, 07:59 AM
thanks for replying.My wall blocks are in place.That is cement blocks.No footer.just gravel and then sand,then block leveled.I filled in these blocks with waste shale for stability.No patio yet just dirt thought if I did the wall fisrt because of the slope it would be easier to fill and level after wall is up.Two sides are stepped up foe the slope like a house foundation.The other two sides are just straight across.If you still need a pick,let me know.This was my foundation.Then i was going to use wall blocks on top of this.The problem with this is a 3/8th gap between the two on the stepup side it would be alright on the other two side as they are straight.Did this help? If not let me know Thanks

Old 09-15-10, 08:24 AM
thanks for replying,My wall blocks are in place,that is my cinder blocks.No footer,just gravel and then sand and then leveled.I filled these blocks in with waste shale for stability.No patio yet thought it would be better if i I did the wall first.because of the slope.It would be easier to fill and level after the wall was up.Two sides stepped up like a house foundation.Two sides straight across.This was my foundation,then I was going to lay my wall block on top of cinder blocks.Bring it above ground.However on the stepped up side there is a gap of 3/8ths inch,to fill in if you don't understand me let me know.I will try to send you a pick,Thanks, LMN