carpenter left me hanging on project

Old 09-22-10, 09:28 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
carpenter left me hanging on project

I hired a carpenter to build on a roof and railings on my front porch.He finished the roof and got most of the rails and the main support post done.This is where it gets interesting.He came out to the front corner of the porch and brought the rails toward the walkway,but he set the post to close together for the steps to fit.He made the walkway 46 inches wide.One or the other side has got to be moved a couple inches to make it wide enough to set at least 48 inch steps.He set one post and rails on one side going to the sidewalk but he never set the opposite side post or railings. He also covered the main support post because of the brackets .the brackets he used to the middle by the walkway he did not cover.It looks like he tried to get to many rails in and didnt leave room for the finish up. To make matters worse we paid the entire bill and hasnt been but once in two months.
We had hired the man before to do the upstairs bath and paid him some ahead but we didnt pay entirely and he finished the job .We had no complaints. In other words he had given us no reason to distrust him on the job before.We even gave him extra for doing a good job. I guess the old days of trusting someone are gone. Bad thing about this is we told him he had more work it he wanted it. NOt any more. Im not sure the best way to straighten this project out and make the rails fit the steps.I dont want to narrow them up.Thanks for listen to me blow off.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-10, 02:56 AM
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Can you post some pics to photobucket.com ? It doesn't sound like it's hard to correct.