how to pitch DIY paver patio?

Old 07-07-11, 12:13 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question how to pitch DIY paver patio?

My family and I are currently in the middle of building a paper patio. We have a back porch that's drops down to about two or three feet of solid concrete blocks, and we are extending our patio from the concrete into the lawn. We have almost finished digging, but we are faced with a problem. Our lawn is no level with the house and slopes upwards, slightly, as you get farther away from the house. Right now, we dug about 6 inches at the concrete slabs, and, trying to make it as level as possible, it is about a foot deep out at 15 feet from the concrete. Therefore we will need to have a wall at the back, and walls that slope on each side of the patio. But now we are worried about flooding. If we pitch the patio back, will it flood at the wall? If we pitch it towards the house? Will it flood at the porch?

Old 07-07-11, 12:15 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 963 Votes on 884 Posts
It's pretty simple. Water flows downhill and if there is no place for it to go it will puddle/flood.

Old 07-07-11, 09:50 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Right yes, that would be physics. But its safe to say not to pitch it towards the back wall, but if its pitched towards the porch, would that be a safe enough option? I mean, there's only dirt under the concrete and the porch, no foundation

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: