Pergola Designs

Old 01-15-01, 01:06 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

I am looking for free Pergola Designs that do not take a contractor to build. My preffered dimensions are about 8' tall, by 15' long, by 12' wide. Ihave found a lot of them on the web, but they are incomplete - no specs, tools, etc.
Thank you in advance!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-01, 03:21 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What is a Pergola? Do you mean a Pagoda?

Old 01-18-01, 03:32 PM
Visiting Guest
Hi! Excellent question. I, too, had to inquire about the term "Pergola". A pergola is a type of arbor that is larger. In that it has the basic same features of an arbor - Criss-cross siding (usually), with an open air ceiling of beams/timbers that one can have wysteria or clematis vining up and around. They are usually adjoinging back patios or porches in a garden type setting. I have seen them be of wrought iron, wood or PVC. I am preferring wood. I hope I have not been successful in confusing you...,
Any assistance offerred would be of great help! Thank you ~

Old 01-18-01, 03:56 PM
Visiting Guest
Smile Pergola

I'm also looking for pergola plans. It hasen't been easy. Most plans I've come across are expensive or just not the type of design I would choose. May I suggest my approach. I've visted just about every public pergoal(zoo, mall, grocery, restaurant) in town and made a few sketches and even snapped a photo or two. Of course I got a few funny looks but what the heck. I poured my footings in the fall and should be ready to start construction as soon as the snow clears....and my "home accountant" approves the materials list. Good luck!

Old 01-22-01, 08:33 PM
Visiting Guest
I built one last spring it was a very simple plan. Not store bought.

Old 01-24-01, 07:57 PM
some help
Visiting Guest
Hello
Just for you information. http://www.pergolaplans.com/order.html

I do have other sites if this will not do...

Old 01-24-01, 08:03 PM
some help
Visiting Guest
Hello
Maybe one more to give you somthing to look at..http://www.fbe.unsw.edu.au/subjects/arch/5203/95-s1/p...

Good Luck