Restore at Lowe's

Old 01-28-13, 11:47 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Restore at Lowe's

Hello,

I am thinking about using the RESTORE product at Lowe's. I am not familiar with this product but need to protect my deck and boat house.

Any suggestions when using RESTORE?

Thanks,

JB

Old 01-28-13, 11:53 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
Never used it. What's it supposed to do?

I use deck stain, I'm intuiting from the name this product is more of a stripper/refinisher than a sealer/protector.

Old 01-28-13, 12:09 PM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
A quick read says it comes in a 3.88 gallon container; the container covers 100 square feet, and it requires two coats. That equals about $172 per 100 square feet. Personally, I think that I would stick with a known brand. If you do use it, please let us know how it works out.

Old 01-28-13, 01:15 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
I've heard of it but have never used it or had any type of dealings with it BUT I thought it was for interior only. Double check the label if you do use it. Like goldstar, I'd be inclined to stick with something I know does a good job.

Old 01-29-13, 04:15 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Restore will, in essence, put a coating on the decking about 1/8" thick. It will have a slight grain to it for slip resistance. The advertisements say it will rejuvenate the deck. It only coats the top, and, if you are lucky, the sides of the decking, leaving the underside to the elements. It will not have a way to extricate moisture once it is sealed, so rot will immediately set in and deteriorate the decking quicker than it would if left to breathe. It looks good, but I question the long term viability.

Be careful and consider what the others have said by applying stain.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: