Free Standing Flush Beam Deck

Old 05-07-13, 07:53 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Free Standing Flush Beam Deck

So I am looking at building an addition to my current deck. I have included a very basic drawing to give a quick overview to get some thoughts on some questions I have. box labeled fire is my fireplace cantilever.

This deck cannot be more then 1 foot above grade. at the front that's easy at the back its almost in the ground. but just abit out so i should be OK. If not what are my options?

I live in Alberta canada so we do get nice cold winters

The beams will all be a double 2x8 lag bolted to 4x4, and the joists will also be 2x8 the end joists on each section of deck (i sort of see this as three sections) will be a double so it should give good support. Where the sections join though that will be 4 joists together but I cant see any other way to do this?

on the front beam I have it planned for 4 posts over the 16 ft span 1 at each end and two spaced equally in the middle. Can i bring the two end posts towards the middle by say 2 ft and cut one post out or would it be better to have the 4?

The red circles you can see under the beams are obviously my post locations

I think that is it for now as i said just a few questions and some clarification would be great thanks

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-13, 07:55 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
In Canada, the footings will have to be at least 4' deep, to be below the frost line. The end posts have to stay at the end. Don't try to eliminate any of them.