Patio exterior wall damaged

Old 07-08-13, 12:21 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Arrow Patio exterior wall damaged

Need help, I have a 19-year old four-season aluminum patio and 2 sections of the outside wall have damage on it … 1 with hole on it and 1 with cracked. The wall with hole I unscrewed the aluminum holder from top and the bottom in hope that I will be able to detach the wood panel but I could not pull out the holder and I am afraid that if I force it that might damage the holder.
Any advice is highly appreciated.

Attached Images  
Old 07-08-13, 07:20 PM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
No way to tell from here, but are those insulated panels?

Old 07-09-13, 04:41 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,153 Upvotes on 1,928 Posts
Many of those sunrooms use a cardboard/craft paper honeycomb core or foam. The inside and outside skins whether aluminum or a fiberglass sheet are bonded/glued to the core and are not easily removable. During construction the panels are often captured by U shaped aluminum extrusions. Usually removing one panel requires disassembling at least part of the structure in the reverse order it was assembled. Generally start at a corner and remove the wall section until you get to the damaged area. You're really SOL if they caulked or applied adhesive to the channels during assembly with can make it almost impossible to disassemble without damage.

Easiest would be to simply glue a patch piece of material over the hole. Make sure to apply several beads of sealant or glue along the top and sides to prevent water from entering. Vinyl siding aluminum trim stock works well as does reinforced fiberglass panels available at many home centers.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: