Pergola - Trim Posts And Lighting

Old 08-18-13, 03:04 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Pergola - Trim Posts And Lighting

Hi all,

Pergola is largely complete, I just need to wrap the 6x6 posts and add some lighting.

Lighting
---------
I'm in Phoenix, AZ. I 'm considering rope lighting. Will this work for 24/7/365 exposure o the elements? If not, do you have another recommendation

Post wrap
----------
I really like the look of the Coronado Ledgestone, but it may be cost prohibitive.

Do you have other stone suggestions? Some of the wood post wrap solutions also look very nice. Do you have a link to point me to for ideas/schematics.

thx
w

Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-13, 10:02 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lighting is always good until you have to figure out how to hide and run the wires for it especially if you are trying to install it on a post. I've seem many rope lights and they always seem to be to short or too long. Maybe that's just me. They seem to be about as reliable as Christmas tree lights. At least if you use individual lights, you can replace a bulb.
Are you goind to build out the 6x6 post before you install the stone? Trying to add that veneer stone to a 6x6 might be a bit challenging. I'd probably build a box on the bottom section of the post using backerboard. 12x12 or16x16 then install the stone on that and use wood for the cap.
If you build the boxes, you can run and hide the wires, in the box and mount your lights on the box and install the stone