porch leaking through floor

Old 09-01-13, 07:21 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
porch leaking through floor

My porch is covered but opened on 2 sides and has a room in the basement under it. When ever the rain blows onto it or it gets wet water leaks into the basement. The floor is wood tongue and grooved together and the water leaks through the tongue and groves, I repainted it earlier this year with porch paint but it still leaks.
I am trying to figure out if there is something I can seal it with or what I could use to replace the floor that would keep water out. I don't want to tile it. Pictures below at least I hope.
Thanks
Name:  porchresize.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  37.9 KBName:  porchfloor.jpg
Views: 850
Size:  35.3 KBName:  floor.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  21.6 KB

Old 09-02-13, 04:42 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
Caulking any voids in the flooring and painting over the caulk might help but it's not an ideal situation
Is the leaking new? or has it been an ongoing issue?

btw - welcome to the forums!

Old 09-15-13, 05:23 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
sorry for delay

Sorry for the delay I didn't know there was any replies. But the leak has been going on for years but in the past it would leak maybe once a year or every other year. Then got little more frequent and over the past year started leaking every time it got wet at all. So I figured it was just the paint that was missing I repainted it put 2 thick coats on it and it still leaks. I thought about caulking all the voids and then repainting but that would be a lot of work. Was hoping to come up with a better solution or even something that could replace the floor with.
Thanks
and thanks for the welcome to forums

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: