Treated Lumber

Old 02-28-01, 10:15 PM
Visiting Guest
I will be building a deck in April to partially surround a 28' pool. Of course I would love to use redwood but because of the cost and limited availability in KY, I will use treated lumber. I think treated lumber is great, best thing since sliced bread, but I hate that ugly green color. Are there other types of treated lumber out there(cost effective and available)that have more of a wood tone color? Or is there a particilar stain or process that works well to conceal the green tint?
Also any help in locating a multi-level deck plan with multi-angle platform steps leading to a pool would be appreciated. I'm surprised at the limited plans available for anything but the simplest of pool decks. If not the plans just the basic underlying framing for multi-angled platform steps would be very helpful. I'm not sure whether multiple stringers are usually used or a complex post and joist pattern.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-01, 09:09 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Can't help on the plans, but as to the green color, it will be gone before the end of the summer. So, if you can be patient for a few months, it will be gray/tan in pretty short order.

You can also buy kiln dried pressure treated, that is already gray, but of course is more expensive.