Stair landing

Old 03-19-14, 10:26 AM
A
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stair landing

Not sure how to secure my stair landing/ stairs to the landing.

The pictures (attachments) explain what I want and what I already have. In the finished picture, i am only looking to have ONE type of platform, not the 4 as shown.

My thought is to support this landing like a mini deck.. attach the one side to the house with bolts.. and have two footings in each corner---see the picture

Thanks
Adam

Attached Images   
Old 03-19-14, 11:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wooden landings built on or close to natural ground won't perform well, as they never have a chance to dry out from rain and melting snow. Why not pour a concrete pad instead? It will last longer than you will, and can be made "interesting" by using broadcast exposed aggregate to match the color of the stairway. You'll need a small concrete pad anyway at the bottoms of the stringers, to keep them from rotting.

Old 03-19-14, 12:53 PM
A
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was thinkin a concrete pad.. but i think the footings may be easier. The wood would not really be resting on the ground as the picture looks. The ground has a slight pitch toward the deck so the back part of the landing would be off the ground so no wood touching the ground.

Hope I make sense

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: