Screened Porch with Walk Out Balcony Above Structure

Old 07-31-14, 03:53 PM
C
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Screened Porch with Walk Out Balcony Above Structure

I have a screened porch that needs a lot of work. I want to redo the roof (.25/12 pitch), tung and groove ceiling, tung and groove floor, and outside panels. It is rotting and needs attention.

I have 2 separate questions:

1-For the outside kick panels, what should I use? I am thinking about using the PVC sheets and cutting them to size. Also use PVC trim on the bottom trim pieces.

2-To replace the floor, how do I do it? It looks like the floor is mounted on the bottom structure. Against the house and there are 2 brick pillars that support the base. Then the floor is laid. Then it looks like the structure is built on top of the floor. So the corners are actually on the floor and not all the way through (hope that makes sense). I assume I have to build a support to hold the structure up and then replace the flooring then drop it back down?

Here is a pic of the corner and the rotted panels.

View image: image

Old 07-31-14, 04:10 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
The single picture of the lower sides doesn't give much to go on. So you have basically a flat roof, is that correct? 3" in 12' isn't much. The flooring description just doesn't convey what you have. Can you post pictures of the flooring as well as the roof. Maybe stand back and give us a panoramic view of the structure. What you have is lacking flashing under the siding and that causes the wicking you see.

Old 07-31-14, 06:12 PM
C
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: