Barbecue access door

Old 08-08-14, 01:52 PM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barbecue access door

Hey all,

Not quite sure which section this belongs in, but my deck build is coming to an end and now im just finishing up the little details, one of which is my outdoor barbecue/bar... i built the box and have the barbecue on and most of the tile but I need to put a little access door there so i can store some stuff inside of it and get the tank in and out... i looked online and all i can find are little stainless steel doors for $200!! This seems a bit ubsurd but I cant find anything else... any ideas of what i can use in place of this? Doesnt have to be cheap and ghetto but $200 for a 14" by 20" door seems a bit much... any help is appreciated.

Old 08-08-14, 04:37 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Not seeing the grill, can you make doors out of cypress or cedar and install on hinges with magnetic closures?

Old 08-08-14, 05:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Visit a few nearby Goodwill or St. Vinnies stores, where you will find an assortment of used grills for sale that around here usually go for less than $30. Buy one having metal door sizes you like, cannibalize it for one of the doors, and then give the door a coat of complementary paint color to go with your tile.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: