Convert building roof into balcony

Old 08-24-14, 11:58 AM
W
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Convert building roof into balcony

Hi there,

At my house, I have a small extension on the house which is a utility room and downstairs toilet. From the top my stairs a window overlooks the roof, which is tiled and sloped.

I cant help but think it would be great to have this as a balcony, perfect access and it would overlook a few neighbours gardens and then a scenic landscape. This side of the house gets the sun until early afternoon. Its 12ft in length

Has anyone attempted something like this before, its complete theory at the moment and wondered what problems there could be and a potential cost to this and if the cost of it would increase the value of the house by more than the outlay

Attached Images     
Old 08-24-14, 12:27 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
You will need to figure how thw low side will be supported by the roof, while maintaining a no leak roof. Then you have the problem of moving the radiator, cutting out for a door........I could go on, but your best bet would be to build a ground level deck or patio. Roofs are meanto keep water from onside the house. You go and break that integrity, all the dominoes fall.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: