Can I use this aggregate for correcting the pitching of my patio?

Old 11-11-14, 09:53 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Can I use this aggregate for correcting the pitching of my patio?

Hi guys

Recently I removed two sheds from my backyard and I salvaged the gravel and the aggregate used for bedding. The base of one of the sheds was made of precast concrete slabs and the aggregate shown in the first two attached pictures was used:

and

The material used for bedding for my patio looks like this

I need to rise the edge of the patio that is close to the wall in the picture below because right now it is at the same level with the opposite edge and the water is converging toward the corner of my house

In the picture below you can see a clone of my patio with "depths" measured from the demarcation line between brick veneer and stucco. I used that reference line because it was level and easily accessible

Old 11-11-14, 06:55 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
No, it won't work. Now we are up to the 5th post about your worthless patio. You've been trollersaking too long here.

Old 11-11-14, 08:07 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
The photo is really meaningless.

What ever you decide to use for compacted base, you need to use a 1" screeded layer of sand over the compacted base that is contoured to your selected drainage pattern. Then use a vibratory plate compactor to create an even interlocking surface. - The slope of the base determines the drainage pattern.

Dick

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: