Concrete Driveway Pooling Water by Foundation

Old 07-13-15, 08:00 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Concrete Driveway Pooling Water by Foundation

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for some affordable and possibly DIY solutions for my problem. Basically there's a sidewalk attached to my drive way and part of the walk way has settled and moves water toward my foundation which has caused water to leak into the basement. (I believe)

When I inspected where the leak would have originated from on the outside I found that between two of the concrete blocks the mortar was missing so I filled it with a Polly urethane cement solution. This has seemed to work for keeping the basement dry but it didn't fix the ultimate problem which is the puddling of the water. I've tried to attach a picture of this.

The last two days we've had big storms and this problem has been wearing on my mind. It won't stop raining here and I don't think the solution will hold forever.

There's about a half inch gap between the foundation and the concrete slab. The slab is probably 3ft tall by 4-5ft long. I'm wondering if you have any ideas on what some good options would be?

I've thought I could:

1. Pour some sort of curb to guide the water way from the foundation (possibly affordable or DIY?)

2. Mudjacking?

3. Raising the level of the concrete?

4. Rip out the concrete and either fill it with dirt and try to regrade it or rip out the concrete and re-pour it? (Worried on the cost of this)

5. cut into the existing concrete and create some sort of drain system?

Any feedback or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-15, 06:30 AM
Group Moderator
Received 316 Votes on 290 Posts
If you are in a populated area I would call and just get an estimate for mud jacking. I think you're job would be too small to be economical but it's worth a shot. I'm guessing removing those sections and re-pouring would be the best option. Since it's such a small area I would look for any other areas you want poured. Maybe a new concrete stoop or small patio to get the pour up to 2 or 3 yards of concrete.