Are these ducts in my garage?

Old 11-10-15, 09:40 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Are these ducts in my garage?

Are these ducts in my garage? - Imgur

In the picture, it looks like one vertical duct joined to one running on the ceiling.

There is a room above the garage that extends out about 4/5th over the garage, so the one on the ceiling makes sense.

But what about the vertical one? It leads nowhere in the garage. If these are ducts are they built to code? Wouldn't carbon monoxide be able to leak into them? The drywall tape is already peeling at the edges.

Also I am thinking of buying a sheet of pink insulation to cover them if in fact they are ducts.

Cheers

Old 11-10-15, 09:43 AM
M
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Those are just places where the sheetrock was replaced/repaired. While the size is probably about right for a place where a duct could be there is not necessarily one there.

Old 11-10-15, 10:12 AM
Group Moderator
Received 4,052 Upvotes on 3,635 Posts
There is a direct path up the wall and over across the ceiling to what looks like a major ceiling patch. I'd say it looks like a bathroom was added and that's the plumbing. It looks like the sheetrock in the patched area is at the same finished level as the existing sheetrock. Where could you put insulation ??

You'd have to check what is at the location where the patch is at the garage floor. Is there a basement on the other side ? Whatever is in there should be visible.

What is over that big patch in the garage ? (pink area)

Name:  S1aoUEU.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  18.8 KB

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: