Wind blocking

Old 01-04-16, 10:26 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wind blocking

Hello,

Wondering if anyone has any experience with or thoughts on wind screens. We have a house with two 2nd-floor front decks (one on each side). The area underneath is open all the way along the house. Under the right deck are a bunch of bushes where the chickens like to hang out.

The house faces east, so the northerly winds of winter blow under the decks right along the house. We've been contemplating how to block them, and I'm wondering if putting up a wind screen on the north side (attached to the house on one side and the deck post on the other) would make sense. It's a 10'X12' area.

These screens seem to be popular for tennis courts, and I'm seeing some that claim 100% wind block and others that allow some amount of air through. Since in our case the screen wouldn't be attached to a fence, I'm wondering if it would hold up -- and if getting one that allows some air through would increase the screen's lifetime.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Terry

Old 01-04-16, 03:31 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Terry, welcome to the forums! I have used tennis court screens to block wind and rain on cat walks at our church. Prior all the wind blew up ladies dresses and the rain pelted them although it was covered. After installing the screening, rain was a mist when it blew through and no appreciable wind to muss hair and dresses. I was a hero. Depending on your structure and how much wind the screen will be taking, it is a viable option. They do make screening with half moons stamped throughout to allow a small amount of air to pass through and prevent billowing.

The netting is impervious to water and the elements, so it may be a good option.

Old 01-05-16, 12:25 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks Larry. Sounds like it's a viable option then. Much appreciated!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: