Porch Replaceable Screen Suggestion

Old 03-17-16, 06:02 AM
T
Received 109 Upvotes on 97 Posts
Porch Replaceable Screen Suggestion

I'm putting together a description to be given to potential contractors for a screened porch addition on my home. I'd appreciate some advice / information on one aspect of the description: replaceable screens.

I'm finding a variety of replaceable screening options: panels, inserts, Screen Tight, and others. I want something that will hold up well and look nice while meeting my need for easy replacement because my porch will be 10' off the ground. Anything you can provide would be helpful.

Finally, I know I should ask the contractors for information and I intend to. However, I want to start out with as few variables as possible so I can compare proposals fairly.

Old 03-17-16, 06:14 AM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
I see you're in Connecticut. So you want more than a screen porch. You also want winter protection. I'd say a triple track storm/screen combo is needed.

Old 03-17-16, 07:03 AM
T
Received 109 Upvotes on 97 Posts
Thanks for the quick response. We're empty nesters and have sufficient space. All we want is a screened porch.

Old 03-17-16, 05:59 PM
J
Received 128 Upvotes on 113 Posts
I have to agree with Norm on this one.
You would be far better off with a product like this.
Products
Then you would have a 4 season porch, there very easy to install.
There would not be snow blowing in through the screen and laying on the floor and you would still have more then enough sight line and breeze coming in.
Still going to go with screening then any Lowe's or Home Depot carry's a PVC snap on screen molding.
Going to spend almost if not more to buy all the parts, stainless steel screws, screening, cording and labor as the one I suggested and you would still have a porch you could only use in warm weather.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: