Views: 440
Size:  47.9 KB
Name:  IMG_6104.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  51.6 KB
Name:  2016-05-08 19_34_10-IMG_6101.jpg - Windows Photo Viewer.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  51.3 KB

I have the goal of relocating this swing set to my house. The problem is that I am fairly certain that the posts that I have identified with the red arrows are buried and could be encased in concrete. I don't want to take this swing set all the way apart. I'd like to just load the play house part onto a trailer and haul it to the house.

Questions:

If I sawed the posts of at grade, how could I anchor the swing set back down when I go to reinstall it? I am looking for the easiest path to ensure it's secure to the ground and stable.

The unit stands 10' 8" tip to toe. If I were to toss this into a trailer, do I have to worry about the possibility of this being a road hazard? Could it hit an overpass? I assume not but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Old 05-08-16, 06:40 PM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
If I sawed the posts of at grade, how could I anchor the swing set back down when I go to reinstall it? I am looking for the easiest path to ensure it's secure to the ground and stable.
Bolt a 2x4 four feet long to each leg. Two feet to the leg, two feet in the ground.
If I were to toss this into a trailer, do I have to worry about the possibility of this being a road hazard?
Drive the route first and check for not just overpasses but utility cables or trees that may be less then 14 feet. You could even drive the route with an eleven foot 2x4 set upright in the trailer rigged so it will tip over easily.

Old 05-09-16, 04:42 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 384 Votes on 340 Posts
I built a similar set up for my grandson when he was little. I didn't concrete the posts in but they were sunk into the ground 2' I'd at least dig down on one of them to verify.

Personally I'd partially deconstruct the play set so it could be laid down on the trailer - it will travel better that way! Might be easier to set up in it's new location too.

Old 05-09-16, 07:04 AM
W
Received 29 Votes on 26 Posts
Height

The unit stands 10' 8" tip to toe.
You will need to add the height of the trailer bed to the unit height.

Old 05-11-16, 09:30 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ok. I just found out that the posts are not in the ground.

Now here's my issue:

I don't have the man power to lift this think up onto the trailer. I do not want to disassemble this unit. Are there any tools out there (come along, rollers, etc) that might be able to help me get this thing on the trailer. I will be able to pull a flat bed trailer right up against it. I just don't have the man power to get it lifted onto the trailer and pushed all the way on.

Oh and forgot to mention that I will have help from one other person.

Old 05-11-16, 01:49 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
If you took the swing section and slide off, you could tilt it over and lay it on the trailer. You'd need 4x4s on the trailer for the upper section to set on. A come a long could be used to scoot it a little further onto the trailer.

Old 05-12-16, 12:48 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If you took the swing section and slide off, you could tilt it over and lay it on the trailer. You'd need 4x4s on the trailer for the upper section to set on. A come a long could be used to scoot it a little further onto the trailer.
We did this option. Thank you!

Old 05-12-16, 04:19 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Glad we could help let us know how the erection process goes.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: