Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Exterior Improvement Center > Decks, Patios, Porches, Walkways, Driveways, Stairs, Steps and Docks
Reload this Page >

Want to expand concrete porch with new deck. Concrete slab is only 4x4 decent sh

Want to expand concrete porch with new deck. Concrete slab is only 4x4 decent sh

Old 06-28-17, 03:53 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

I have a front porch that is roughly 5 x5. Can't even sit a chair on it. I want to expand it now as a deck. Wondering if i can use the existing slab too help. It's in pretty good shape. The stairs are also concrete and wouldwould be in wrong place after the deck. I'm fully dedicated to in New wood stringers to fix this. Im thinking the deck would bed roughly 9x12 maybe 9x15. The house is a split entry with concrete driveway (in good shape) and flower bed on the side. The 2 sides will deff be unlevel to start but I think it shouldn't be to bad to level the existing sides. In just plan on covering the concrete porch, no demo. I helped on a project like this once before hit it's been many years so I could use a step by step refresher, instructions, any helpful information at all. Going to attempt to get pics. Please help!You

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-17, 05:27 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I would make the deck free standing. The footings need to be about 3 feet below grade if you are where I think you are VW?

Old 06-28-17, 06:27 PM
Group Moderator
Received 54 Votes on 51 Posts
Will comment after seeing the pics.