Advice on leveling front of playset

Old 04-24-18, 01:58 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Smile Advice on leveling front of playset

Hey everyone,

What's the best way to level the 2x12 in the picture without disassembling the entire playset? It's way too heavy really move it and I don't think there's a danger in it sliding because 1) the playset is level and the back legs are buried 12" in the ground, plus there are 12" spikes through the front legs and wood pieces underneath. I'm just looking for some extra safety measures here.
Sorry the picture is sideways
thanks!

Attached Images  

Last edited by ray2047; 04-24-18 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Rotate image.
Old 04-24-18, 04:50 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
If the front legs are too short then I would bury the back legs deeper or cut them off to make them shorter.

Old 04-24-18, 05:14 AM
G
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Back legs are already buried. I was hoping i could dig behind the board until it’s level or figure out a way to raise the front so I can dig the area flat.

Old 04-24-18, 07:42 AM
A
Received 73 Upvotes on 66 Posts
I don't know what has been done to tie everything together, but it looks to me like it at least has the potential to be or become unstable. The 2x's laying on the ground will warp, possibly affecting bearing points, and are not made for ground contact, so will rot. Without seeing it in its' entirety, I would suggest as Pilot Dane did, or, if that cannot work, replace the legs in the photo with longer ones that would be continuous.

Old 04-24-18, 08:40 AM
C
Received 25 Upvotes on 22 Posts
Can you post photos of the entire swingset and the immediate surroundings? That notched piece appears to be shifting already. The back and forth motion of kids on the swings will cause the entire structure to sway, by the way, so all connections need to be squared away.

Remember your kids will be playing on this- it's supposed to be safe and fun.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: