Deck "Paint" recommendations?>

Old 05-16-18, 07:56 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Deck "Paint" recommendations?>

I applied Olympic RescueIT (moderate) about 3 years ago. I only did 1 coat (they recommended 2 coats) and it has held up great so far. I wanted to put another coat on, but it seems like lowes/homedepot stopped carrying it.

Any recommendations for a deck paint/recovery system?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-18, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
It's still listed on the Lowes site in my area (Northern AZ). For some reason I can't look at the Lowes stores around Newark, but if they don't stock it, you might be able to order and have it delivered. It's actually on sale right now until July.

Oops...finally loaded...they have it at the Union store (31 gallons, aisle 3, bay 28...lol)...is that near you? If one has it, I'm sure the others do also.

Old 05-16-18, 08:36 PM
Hi thanks for looking, but I only see the max? not the moderate?

Old 05-16-18, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Oh...I missed the moderate part. Odd...they only carry the severe stuff. Not even an option of ordering.

And Olympics site "says" HD carries it, yet HD says they don't.

Well, I'd probably have to recommend calling or emailing Olympic directly and finding out if a local retail paint store (not a big box) could order it for you. You'll obviously know the quantity you need.

Old 05-17-18, 03:54 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 131 Votes on 117 Posts
I'm fundamentally opposed to those types of coatings although I don't know the difference between the moderate and the max. How has the moderate held up on your deck? much peeling?

Old 05-17-18, 06:42 AM
To be honest, we only did 1 coat 3 years ago (we meant to do another, but got lazy). I have had zero peeling, and its just wearing off in certain areas. We prepared the deck with cleaner and read the directions completely. It looked amazing, and probably would have looked better with 2 coats!

I emailed the manufacturer and they said they stopped making the moderate/lite and only have the max available.