Dock in a box ladder install

Old 06-15-18, 12:05 PM
Z
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Dock in a box ladder install

Hello,

Bought a house with a dock. Can’t figure out how to install the dock ladder made by “Dock in a Box”.

We know the 2 “L-brackets” (in red) are for the ladder but the only way I could get them to work was to bolt one end (in blue) of the ladder through the decking into the L-bracket, and have the other end up resting against the bottom of the dock joists. It seems ok, if a little loose. The L-bracket does support my weight installed like this, but I feel it’s wrong. The L-bracket has 2 holes drilled in it at each end. The bolt threads are too short the way I have it now. I’m not able to tighten anymore since the bolt is unthreaded closer to the head. I’ve also attached a pic of two other brackets marked L and R. These are leftovers from the dock assembly I was able to figure out. Could they be part of the ladder install? The previous owner had left the 2 L-brackets with 2 bolts installed at one end. Presumably to remind him how they were to be installed the following year?

I could not figure out how to get the L-bracket on top of the dock joist. Just seems there is not enough room.....and that would put all the load against the plastic wave decking.

Attached Images    
Sponsored Links