Dock dilemma...

Old 05-23-01, 09:46 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

Since there are no "dock" forums, this is the next best thing. I'm building a conventional dock for my cottage to replace the existing rotten floating dock. I would like to reuse the 2" pipe posts from the existing dock on the new one. The problem is that I cannot find any mounting collars over 1 5/8"ID. These collars are not much more than a 3 or 4" piece of pipe with a couple of holes drilled on one side with threaded nuts tacked over them to hold the setscrew (bolt) against the post. On the side opposite the nuts there is a plate with four bolt holes, welded onto the collar to attach it to the dock frame. The setscrews (bolts) are then tightened through the collar against the pipe post to hold the whole thing up. I would rather buy these collars than fabricate them if possible. Does anyone have a possible source for these? I need 2"ID. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-01, 01:41 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Are you replacing a floating dock with a fixed dock?

Rick

Old 05-23-01, 02:04 PM
Visiting Guest
Yes, I'm building a fixed dock to replace the floater. The floating dock has exposed foam that is thoroughly waterlogged. I'm trying to retain the posts from the floating dock. They're 2"OD. All I need are the mounting collars of the correct size to fit these 2"OD posts.

Old 05-28-01, 09:13 AM
Visiting Guest
Try this site. I think they have what you are looking for http://www.dockmodules.com/stationaryparts.htm

Old 05-29-01, 07:44 AM
Visiting Guest
Thanks Joe!!!