Deck Enclosure

Old 05-24-01, 12:41 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I have a 32'x16' deck and would like to enclose a 17'x12' section using a solarium/sunroom product from a company called Solarium de Paris(http://www.solarium-de-paris.com).

Has anyone heard of, seen, or have any experiences with this product, good or bad? Any ideas on pricing? Installation costs?

Thx,
C

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-01, 09:01 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What type of climate would this structure be installed in? Not sure just how "openable" it is, (Needs to be 65% open to a height of 80" to be classified as a patio room rather than habitable, conditioned space.) and if you live in a climate that sees summer days in excess of 85 or 90 degrees, you'll be cooked out of there. You would also want to get the engineering cut sheets on the product and make sure it is ICBO or BOCA approved so you can get a building permit to install it. Without the permit, your homeowners insurance would not cover the structure, and your local bldg. dept. may even make you take it down.

I have no experience with this brand of sunroom or solarium. We install Texas Aluminum rooms. (Check out their website.)

Old 05-25-01, 07:06 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

The climate would be typical Michigan weather which can dip down sometimes to 0F in the winter and 90+F for a few days in the summer.

The size I'm looking at is 12'D x 17'W x 9'3"H. I'm not planning on adding any separate heating or cooling other than maybe a fan and four windows/screens. Their specs say the windows are treated to protect against UVA & UVB rays.

I'm planning on placing a spa inside the structure so I'm not worried that it would be too cold in the winter. However, as you mentioned I hope I don't bake in there either!

What is the typical cost for a Texas Aluminum room of this size?

Thx,
C