Which epoxy for deck ledger?

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-19, 08:36 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Which epoxy for deck ledger?

I need to determine the appropriate epoxy to use to secure 1/2" threaded rod in a poured concrete foundation for a deck ledger. Simpson and Hilti have several epoxies for use in concrete, and it isn't readily apparent which one is best for my application. I suppose I can email them, but figured I'd ask the forum for input as well. It sounds like the Simpson ET-HP would suffice, as would Quikrete's epoxy. I haven't read the specs on the Hilti products as there are so many of them. Do you typically need to purchase a special dispensing gun for these or can I use a standard caulking gun if I get a coaxial tube version? Looks like the Set-XP is the only Simpson product that comes in an 8.5oz coaxial tube, but it sounds like the coaxial tubes may be a little more wasteful. BTW, the county advised against wedge anchors, in case anyone was going to recommend I use these.

Last edited by mossman; 03-20-19 at 09:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-19, 01:09 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
For anyone tuning in, I contacted Simpson and they said either the Set-XP or ET-HP would be fine, so I'll be using one of these (depending on cost and availability). They also recommended their Stainless Steel Titen HD anchors, which do not require any adhesive, but I'm opting for the former attachment method. I bought a dispensing tool on eBay for $50, which will be going back up on eBay once I'm finished with it.

Closed Thread