Ideas for waterproof deck covering

Old 06-20-19, 09:17 AM
Post Ideas for waterproof deck covering

Looking to see if something exists to cover plywood deck surface to make impermeable. Thinking something simple like artificial turf, except it's not waterproof I don't believe. Decades ago there was a rubberized roll-on coating available that was ok but didn't last. Any ideas? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-19, 12:43 PM
Group Moderator
I have read a few articles on fiberglass reinforced flat roof/ deck coatings but I don't think they are very practical if you live in an area that is wet or that has large seasonal temperature swings. Each post railing is a penetration so its a bit tricky and tedious to try and seal each one. Probably would be a maintenance nightmare.

Old 06-20-19, 01:26 PM
Group Moderator
I have a large screened porch above the entrance to my lower garage. I didn't like water dripping through into the covered area below so I put down heavy pond liner membrane on the floor of the screened porch. I used aluminized butyl tape to seal around the columns. Then I laid carpet over the membrane which protects it from the sun and being torn. It's been about 8 years and it's still working. I wouldn't do it for the flat roof of a house but it seems to work well enough for a outdoor application.