Patio leaks, and I知 lost

Old 09-15-19, 08:57 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Patio leaks, and I知 lost

I have a question about a low slope, metal roofed patio cover.

I built a patio patio cover for a couple and it has a low slope, like maybe a 2/12, in a corner section of their house.

Attached it to the house and it has support columns. Plywood for the decking. Ice and water membrane across the whole thing, tucked up under the starter strip of shingles on the house. I then bent flashing and covered from underneath the first row of shingles to the steel. One side is folded at 90ー and covers a full uncut rib. The other side has the ribs every 9, but I trimmed that out the same with the trim notched around the hi ribs. Used filler strips across the ribs under the trim. Lack jack along the trim to the starter strip, black jack the first course of shingle to the trim. Caulked the trim to the steel.

I have one drip in about the center of the patio!

I for for the life of me can not figure out how the water is getting underneath the steel, much less under the ice and water. One thing I have noticed and the shingles almost flatten out towards the eve, meaning they loose their pitch off the roof. This seems to allow water to wick back farther then I would think it could, it wouldn稚 the blackjack stop this?

Help, I知 at a loss here!

Sponsored Links