Deck Extension to Above Ground Pool Questions

Old 04-07-20, 09:13 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Deck Extension to Above Ground Pool Questions

I am building an extension onto my existing deck that will come out to a 24' diameter above ground pool.

The existing deck is 12' x 12' and attached to the house.

I want the extension to be freestanding - but at the same time - attached to the existing deck to create a seamless transition (it should "feel" like it's all one deck, maybe with a slight 4" - 6" step down to second level)

Attached are photos of the existing deck and the area where the extension will go, along with a quick sketch of what this will look like with some rough measurements.

I have a good bit of carpentry experience (e.g., have built privacy fences, tables, shelves, etc.) and have all the necessary tools to DIY this.

That said, as I am starting to plan this out, it does seem a little bit trickier than just building a standard ground-level deck. I want to make sure I am using best practices and following a sound set of plans that provides a solid structure and meets 2012 international building codes.

I am in the Nashville, TN area. Where/how would be the best way to get a rough design/plan and material list to follow that would get me started on DIY'ing this project?

Attached Images     

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: