Help

Old 06-09-01, 09:11 PM
Visiting Guest
I have a deck above a deck. Approx 10' x 30'. I want to lay something on the top deck to block the rain. Goal is to utilize the lower deck when it rains. Please advise. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-01, 05:32 AM
Visiting Guest
Search the web. There are several under deck waterproofing systems available that wouldn't change teh look of teh top deck. The one I found is called "Dry Below" http://www.dry-b-lo.com/, but there's another called DrySpace. Be prepared to pay for it though.
Matt

Old 06-11-01, 06:23 AM
Visiting Guest
Here's another way from another website:

Because you already have a deck in place, your only viable option is the third approach: Lay a "roof" over the deck using a membrane you can walk on. There are many of these products, including DEC-K-ING (1160 Yew Ave., No. 84, Dept. TH997, Blaine, WA 98231; 800/804-6288). This thick vinyl sheet, which comes in 6-ft.-wide rolls and in several colors, features a nonskid surface.

In your case, plywood would be installed over the decking, then the membrane would be glued down and heat-welded along the seams. Before buying and installing, check with your local building department to be sure your deck will meet the load requirements of the waterproof layer.

Also found a waterproofing called Underdeck.

Matt