Deck Footings

Old 06-12-20, 06:24 PM
C
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deck Footings

One view point

Another view point
Good day 😬

Today I removed the visible Sono tube cardboard from my 3 deck footings. All footings are 4 ft deep and 8 in diameter. The concrete used is that nice, expensive Sakrete PSI 6000. 👍

They look ok for the most part but a couple have "pock marks". So some nice smooth area and some pock marking.

I mixed it according to Sakrete's water addition requirement.

I'm in Toronto so that's why 4 ft deep but am wondering, should I paint the exposed concrete footing with Blue Seal waterproofing or an epoxy so no ice develops in the little pock marks during winter blowing the concrete apart even though this concrete is supposed to resist such issues. Plus, I mixed it around in the Sono tubes with rebar to remove any bubbles and each hole has w 4ft lengths of rebar. I'm sure the inside is well mixed. 🙄

I've seen lots of concrete with these pock marks for decades. I'm not an expert on concrete, especially this nice stuff which is why I'm writing.

I'll attach some photos.

Thanks in advance!! I want the deck to be perfect so my son won't have worries when he eventually inherits the house

Cheers

Carl

Last edited by Carl Williams; 06-12-20 at 07:41 PM.
Old 06-12-20, 08:04 PM
Group Moderator
Received 625 Likes on 534 Posts
It is likely not an issue, it was likely a little dry there or just traped air. If you want it to look better you could use a concrete resurfacer/patch or similar but it is mostly cosmetic.

Old 06-12-20, 08:50 PM
C
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Tolyn. You made my night.

I'm not concerned about cosmetics, I'll be adding skirting. But, some cosmetics might not be a bad idea for pictures. 😀

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: