Driveway question

Old 08-13-20, 05:17 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Driveway question

Hello,

Couple questions here. I have a driveway that has the apron at street done in blacktop. It is about 9' wide by 6' long. The current blacktop is in rough shape not to where big chunks are breaking away, it is just worn down and kind of a lot of loose stones. I would like to get this small section redone in blacktop. I am assuming it isn't really a DIY project. First, if I wanted to prep it to possibly cut down on contracted labor cost, what would a contractor do prior to laying new blacktop. Would I have to bust out all the old to dirt or do they just remove all loose stuff and lay it over. Second, I know it would probably vary where ever you are but ballpark what do you think it would cost to do a small section like this. Thx

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-20, 06:49 AM
Received 230 Votes on 205 Posts
First problem is finding a contractor willing to do such a small job. Any preliminary work you do won't affect his price.
Send some pics of what you have so we can see and maybe suggest an alternative.

Old 08-13-20, 07:01 AM
Received 367 Votes on 342 Posts
If some is breaking up you want to get it all out as the other will soon follow!

The problem is, if you attempt to do the demo, where do you dispose? Contractor will come in, tear out and haul away in a fraction of the time it will take you to do same!

Old 08-13-20, 09:06 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 319 Votes on 283 Posts
Driveway aprons often have strict guidelines they have to follow and will likely require a permit.