Do I Need Permit to Seal A Driveway as a Vendor?

Old 09-03-20, 03:50 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Do I Need Permit to Seal A Driveway as a Vendor?

I work as a Property Preservation vendor in Chicago, IL and need to submit bids to get this driveway repair.

I sent out tens of emails to ads posting and Text messages pictures but no one respond back with an estimate so i decided to do the repair myself but i don't know if i will need a permit to get the work done.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-20, 04:02 PM
Received 367 Votes on 342 Posts
I cant speak for every location but permits are required for construction or remodeling projects, things that are safety related.

I think sealing/repairing a driveway is ok without one!

Old 09-04-20, 02:42 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 319 Votes on 283 Posts
I wouldn't think you'd need a permit but the only way to know for sure would be to ask the permit office.
btw - welcome to the forums!

Old 09-04-20, 09:46 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the prompt reply!

Old 09-04-20, 10:24 AM
Received 230 Votes on 205 Posts
ABOKI,
I hope you don't mind. but I'm going to publicly post my answer to you in our private massage in an effort that it might be informative to others. And you might get better information.

as both Marq and Marksr noted on our post, I doubt a permit is required but calling your town is the only way to find out for sure.
I'm not surprised you did not get any response from a text or post. You need to call directly to the vendors and ask for a quote. They will need to actually go to the job site and inspect it. Can't quote from a pic. And I'm not surprised that you may have wait a while. This is the busy season for things of this nature.

As far as bring it back to life well, I'm not an expert on this. But my first action would be to remove all the grass and plant life within the cracks. Then clean them out completely. If they are deep you will want to insert a backer rod into the cracks then fill with a crack filler. Then after several days put a new sealer coating on the whole thing. This procedure will make it look good but will not prolong the life.

If I were you I would ask this same question in the public forum. You may get better advice than what i'm giving. Good luck.

aboki voted this post useful.