DeckMaster System

Old 03-13-02, 07:11 PM
kasjr
Visiting Guest
Post DeckMaster System

Has anyone every used the system Called DeckMaster? If so are you pleased with the results? And was it difficult using it? Also what type of decking did you us with it? I am having a had time choosing what type I will use.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-02, 08:27 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Never heard of DeckMaster, so I have no idea what it's pluses and minuses may be. Tell us what it is you are doing and maybe we can help you sort out the issues about "choosing what type" you will use.

Old 03-14-02, 01:32 PM
Lefty,
DeckMaster is that system that attaches to the joists and you screw the decking down from underneath. Hence, no nail or screw heads on the deck surface. It's either in Rockler or McFeelys catalog. It seems a bit pricey, and someone here once mentioned just sistering 2x2's to the joists and also screwing from underneath.
fred

Old 03-14-02, 06:36 PM
Thanks Fred. I have done a couple of decks with Simpson's version of this DeckMaster system. It is more time consuming than simply face-screwing the decking down, and, since you are buying the clips, a bit more expensive as far as material. But the end result -- a deck with no screw heads on the surface to catch water and other debris -- looks great. Give the customer what they want. If it's labor intensive, so what -- they're paying for my time. If it's a DIY project, time is really not an issue. What do you want the finished product to LOOK like?

Old 03-15-02, 04:40 AM
Lefty,
I agree, a deck w/o nail or screw heads is NEAT.
Wish we had the redwood as a choice here.
I think we've been here before.
fred