On-Line Design Sites

Old 07-31-02, 03:48 PM
sdsoffin
Visiting Guest
On-Line Design Sites

does anyone know of any on-line sites, where you can do room layouts? I used one once, but it was discontinued.

Thanks,
Sandy

Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-02, 04:24 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
you can download a trial version of smartdraw but unfortunately you can only print out two layouts. (either www.smartdraw.com or www.download.com ) with the second, type in smartdraw for the search word.

ivillage.com used to have a place where you could lay out a room, but i couldn't find it again.

i'll keep checking and if you find one, please let me know. would be so nice to be able to do that instead of having to download or purchase programs for just a couple of rooms.

kay

Old 08-05-02, 10:59 AM
sdsoffin
Visiting Guest
thanks, kaybyrd.
I'll check them out. I'll let you know what I find. Let me know if you find any others.
Thanks,

Old 08-05-02, 11:13 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Used www.ask.com and found this site. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but maybe it will help.

http://interiordec.tqn.com/library/weekly/aa091800d.htm

Seems to have a lot of links to free programs to use online.

Kay

Old 08-11-02, 07:19 AM
dianemarg
Visiting Guest
Have a good one!

I found a site that allows you to do just this some time ago. I've used it for several rooms. The only major limitation is that they only allow a square/rectangular room (no nooks and crannies). To compensate for this I've just used one of their architectural objects and made it big enough to cover the area I need to delete. It works just fine and they have quite a few templates for various pieces of furniture (all of which you can custom size). The site is found at www.bhg.com. Then you go to Home Solutions and from there to Arrange A Room. You can save and print your different scenarios so it is a very useful (and free site). Hope you have fun!

Old 08-11-02, 08:16 PM
Ramie
Visiting Guest
Room Arranger...

Heres one, I havent tried it, but I'm told its soooo much fun - you can fit in your room dimensions and shove around virtual furniture, if the furniture listed isn't exactly what you have, then just use a desk and re-size it to the dimensions you need.
http://www.bhg.com/bhg/category.jhtm...rangearoom.xml

Happy re-arranging
Ramie

Old 08-21-02, 03:20 PM
sdsoffin
Visiting Guest
Thanks, Ramie,
I heard about this site from someone else. But when I hit 'Start Now', I get a screen with the BHG headers, and a blank screen below. Nothing happens, no buttons appear.
Any suggestions?
Thanks, Sandy

Old 08-21-02, 08:23 PM
Ramie
Visiting Guest
Hi Sandy,
Try this link http://www.bhg.com/bhg/file.jhtml?it...index&temp=yes

Be patient as it takes a few mins to load.
Or perhaps you may need to download the shockwave plugin?
Its working fine for me now.
Let me know how you go.
Ramie